6.24.2006

Memo to MPAA

My daughter is heading to only her 2nd movie in a theater at the ripe old age of 4.  However she has consumed tons of DVD's.  She's very excited to see Cars, a G rated movie that is sure to please the whole family.  I wish that you and your stogey old suits would open your eyes and realize that the time to market the DVD for this movie is NOW.  Include the DVD price in the movie ticket as an option and allow the movie goers to pick up the DVD on their way out.

Would this cannibalize the need for multiple trips to the theater?  Yup.  Will my family of 4 make multiple trips to the theater to see that movie let alone any others?  Nope.  Could it drive more people into the theater for their chance to have the DVD?  You bet.

You could have my $$ now, or you can put together a campaign to waste millions of dollars in 4-6 months trying to convince me to buy your DVD.  Your choice.

Sincerely,
Father of 2 young DVD watching kids.

No comments: