9.30.2005

Ireland - 9/29 - tons of work and tonight some play

Again the work day started early, and I had a long day to look forward to. This was to be the final day of the project work ... and it was again a very long one seeing me working until about 10pm.

But that's when this just get going in Dublin ... so the night was young ... the project finished successfully ... and there was much enjoyment to be had. There just happend to be a going away party for a few lads that worked at Intel (no one that I had met before) ... but that's no excuse not to join them for a few drinks.

I drove on back to the hotel and parked the car ... went up to my room to freshen up a bit ... then walked over to the pub called the Porterhouse (different location than the one I had visited earlier in the week). Apparantly this pub used to be called "Judge Roy Beans" or something like that ... but I'll call it good fun ... not because the pub was exceptional, but the company was outstanding. I wound up meeting a few new friends; Baz (short for Barry), Anthony, Cathy, Rob, and Brian. Now you have to understand that when I showed up at the pub, at roughly 10:30pm, I was ready to pass out from exhaustion. It's amazing what some good conversation, and a bit of liquid nutrition (read: beer) can do for someone. After about 3 pints ... I was feeling my oats ... and the pub was closing ... and then things got fun!

It was probably about 1:30-2:00 am and "we" decided to go to another pub/night club. The apparantly infamous Viper Room was the stop and after paying a cover charge(!!) we cruised into a totally EMPTY and DEAD night club. Not a problem in my mind since we still have the good company ... and the music is thumping. I kept being re-assured that the place would pick up as the rest of the pubs started closing ... oh ... and I also got introduced into a lollipop of a drink. It's called a Fat Frog ... made with very sweet alcohol drinks ... it goes down WAY too easy. After a few of those drinks ... I was dancing, singing, and whooping it up until about 4 am when the club closed. The rest of the gang that I was with piled into a taxi and vanished into the night as I made my way back to the hotel.

I finished the night with a short and slurry call home to heidi ... and then passing out.

No comments: